Tuesday, September 2, 2008

NOLBA Week, Day 3

Now, we can prove we have a reason for not hearing our spouse... but no doubt it can be overcome. Its called attentional blink and you can read more about it here.

I was going to write something witty and meaningful about it, but I spent the last three hours working in front of my computer on a work project. It would have taken me 6 hours, but Therese did a lot of internet research and really cut down on the time. So, its midnight, and I'm going to bed.

Thanks baby. I owe you one. And by one, well, you know what I mean...

5 comments:

Sailor said...

Always good to thank a partner/helper with one. Or two, or more ;)

FTN said...

Honestly, that was kind of a crappy, poorly researched article. I was hoping for a better excuse for the "attention blink"!

The "research" they mention is people pushing buttons while watching a stream of numbers on a monitor, and people missing a second occurrence of a number. I'm baffled how they can extrapolate that into this topic at all. The rest of the article is random theorizing and suggestion that people meditate. How odd.

I am, however, fascinated at the "Top 12 Concerns" linked on the left side of the page. Small-Penis Syndrom is #6 on the list, in case anyone is interested.

for a different kind of girl said...

I missed the list, but anytime Numb talks about penises, I perk up. No attention blink for me! Woo hoo!

Desmond Jones said...

I suppose I don't want to think too hard on what it looks like when you tell Therese she's 'No. 1'. . .

And I couldn't help noticing the little quiz on the sidebar of the article - 'How Often Do You Have Sex?' (a) Twice or more a week; (b) Once a week; (c) Twice or less a month. So suddenly, I'm in the 'really active' category. Woohoo!

Christian Husband said...

Attentional blink, huh? Sounds like where my brain spends 90% of its time. Which, I guess, wouldn't be so much a "blink" than a "snooze."