Monday, October 27, 2008

My two cents, for what it's worth

Everyone has given their impression of the blogger get together except for me! I suck (that's what she said).

It was fun, as everyone has said. I had a good time, as most have said. The one thing that no one has pointed out is that I had the top score in American Idol, but that's fine, I'm not one to brag...

yeah, right.

More than anything, it was great to have Therese to myself for a weekend with no kids. And though there wasn't as much nookie as I may have liked, there was some real bondage. Bonding. Sorry, Freudian Whip. I mean slip. Freudian slip.

As I continue my tour of the United States, I spend a day this week in Cleveland. I've never been there, but everyone who I've spoken with tells me to have a good time at the "mistake by the lake." Their term, not mine, so no offense to anyone who is from out that way. I don't even know what that phrase means, but I've heard it several times over the last couple of days.
When I travel lately I check out the weather report before I leave. The next couple of days in Cleveland are "70% chance of snow with a high of 42 degrees". Considering I'm coming from a place that is highs in the 70's and no precipitation, it will be quite the scary change.

It's quite the "in and out" trip (that's what she said). Just one night, a quick meeting the next morning, and out the next afternoon. Seems like a waste, but I suppose these things have to be done once in awhile.

Other than that, life moves forward as normal. Hope you all are partying hard!

6 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

Have you gone around yelling, "Cleveland ROCKS!" everywhere you go? I get the impression that's an unwritten rule for that part of the country.

FTN said...

I have some friends in Cleveland. I'll be sure to tell them that you're stopping by.

Highs in the 70s? Seriously? I had to scrape ice off my windshield this morning.

I have some video/audio of your karaoke performance, by the way. So far it already has 100,000 hits on Youtube.

Desmond Jones said...

6F, Molly and I spent 3 days in Cleveland this past spring, and we had a good time. We made the obligatory pilgrimage to the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame (it was fun, but pretty pricey for what's actually there), and ate at a couple nice restaurants.

'The Mistake by the Lake' referred to the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium (no longer standing), a cavernous, 80,000-seat monstrosity that the Indians used to play in, to about 1/8 capacity (often less), while the wind whipped (yeah, I said 'whipped') in off the lake. Some nasty baseball played there, back in the day. . .

And, uh, bondage? Whips? OK, we're getting some hints here, aren't we? . . .

2amsomewhere said...

If you ever add my humble city as a tour stop in the future, you are always welcome to stop in for a pint (or two if you're not driving) on me. :-)

--
2amsomewhere

Phyllis Renée said...

At least you don't live where the weather is crazy! Tuesday night the low was 29F and the yesterday I think the hight was 80F!!

Sailor said...

Sounds to me like you had a wonderful time, and would have with or without a bunch of other bloggers- good going!